The LANZBC are pleased to announce that the Hon. David Parker,
Minister for Trade and Export Growth, will be speaking to LANZBC
members and friends at a luncheon in Auckland, on Wednesday 14 August 2019 12:45pm – 2:45pm.
Minister Parker, who is also the Minister of Environment, Associate Minister of Finance and the Attorney General, will speak about how New Zealand’s ‘Trade for all’ approach to trade policy will impact New Zealand and Latin American relations.
There is significant interest from New Zealand exporters in the opportunities that Latin America offers. Minister Parker will reflect on recent developments in the region and implications for New Zealand businesses, including;
• The Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (CPTPP), which includes Mexico, Peru, and Chile and has resulted in New Zealand’s first FTA with Mexico and Peru
• Chile’s APEC’s Host Year in 2019
• The ongoing NZ-Pacific Alliance FTA negotiations
• The Southern Link initiative, routing passengers and multi-model freight between Asia and South America via New Zealand, and
• An increasing focus on the opportunities for New Zealand, Asia and Latin America including through the Belt and Road Initiative.
Minister Parker will also reflect on his experiences in Latin America, having travelled to the region several times since becoming Minister for Trade and Export Growth.
Tickets include a two-course lunch with beverages (including a selection of Latin American wine, sponsored by Concho Y Toro).
Tickets purchase by 2 August receive a 5% discount.
Purchase tickets here