Are you a market and business-savvy student or recent graduate wanting to expand your knowledge of Pacific Rim economies, foreign trade and international relations? The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum is coming up in Chile later this year, and then in New Zealand in 2021.
The Latin America CAPE is offering a 5-month paid internship in Santiago, Chile to work in the Chilean APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) team. This role will support the implementation and delivery of ABAC priorities and events around Chile's APEC year, concluding with the ABAC Summit at the end of November.
ABAC 5-Month Internship Opportunity
The internship will run at the Fundación Chilena del Pacífico (Chile Pacific Foundation) from 1 July to 1 December 2019, with a possible follow-up internship at the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) in Wellington.
We'll cover the following expenses:
- all international flights, and flights within New Zealand
- work visa
- health and travel insurance
- 3 months of weekly, private Spanish classes.
You will also be provided with a stipend of NZD $12,500 to cover living costs.
You will be based in Santiago - the political, cultural and economic capital of Chile.
How can this opportunity benefit you? You will...
- Learn 'from the inside' what it takes to organise high profile international events.
- Be introduced to, and work with ABAC, APEC and Chilean government leaders.
- Enhance your global competence.
- Be introduced to social, cultural and political dimensions of life in Chile.
- Have the opportunity to improve your Spanish language skills.
- Present your experience and application of learning to key stakeholders back in New Zealand.
- Contribute to New Zealanders' increased awareness of the Latin American region.
Who can apply?
- Be a NZ citizen or NZ Permanent Resident
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be a final-year undergraduate student, a recent graduate or a Master’s student at a New Zealand University.
- Be studying, or have completed a degree in: media studies, journalism, communications, public relations, economics, business, political studies, Latin America studies, international relations, development studies, indigenous studies or related disciplines
- Have a minimum B+ average grade
Submissions for this internship have closed, and results will be finalised in the next two weeks. Please contact email@example.com for questions.